Saturday, December 14, 2013

I have been with Esurance for over 3 years and this is actually the second time I have used them for insurance. If you total the amount of years I have been with them, it is over 6 years. I decided after yet another increase in my premium at my renewal to get a price from a different company. They gave me a lot better coverage and a lower price, so I called to cancel my Esurance Policy. The representative I spoke to was very pleasant and offered to look at my policy to lower my premium. She told me she could get me close to what I was quoted and said that when my policy renews, the system doesn't go by what the current insurance rates are; it goes by what the insurance rates were when I originally setup my policy which is why someone else gave me a lower rate. She changed things on my policy and told me I could expect to see a refund on my account within 3-5 business days.
Well a month later, I still hadn't seen a refund and my premium had only gone up MORE! So I called again to find out why, and I was told that what I was telling the representative did not match what the notes on my account stated. She told me she believed what I was telling her and that she’ll have the call record pulled up and investigated and I would get a call back... AGAIN nothing! I called to finally cancel my policy - sick of getting the runaround and I was informed that I would be charged a cancellation fee!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I'm being charged for leaving your company because you couldn't beat the rate a competitor gave me and that it was 10% of whatever my used premium was… my policy just renewed??? If I was going to receive a refund for I would receive an email... THIS IS COMPLETE CRAP to be charged and it was in my terms and conditions that I signed. Well, I didn't sign terms and condition when my policy renewed; it automatically renewed. NEVER USE ESURANCE!!!
I left a review about Esurance yesterday that was published on this website. The very next day, after leaving this review, an Esurance rep called me and gave me outstanding service. I got the claims department to step up their game and get my car an appointment to go to the shop. I am satisfied and have since changed my review rating, but would have only wished to have received this kind of expected service from the very first call.
I pay over $2,000 a year for both mine and my wife's cars to be ensured by Esurance (Policy # **). I was rear ended one day at a red light, and filed a claim with my insurance company. Lo and behold, I had to call four times in the span of one and a half weeks JUST to keep hearing, "We cannot get through to AAA, but left them a message... We have other customers and cannot call for you all day. You may have to use your deductible to cover the damage, and we MAY reimburse you." I felt hopeless and at fault for the accident, when I was clearly not. As soon as this is over and my car is fixed (God knows how long), I will be switching insurance companies and telling everyone I know about my bad experience with Esurance.
I read all these complaints and still shake my head. However, immediately after my complaint was posted, Esurance contacted me and reimbursed me with an adequate amount to satisfy me. Please be aware that everyone who purchases coverage in a no-fault state seems to be required to pay an additional fee. In Michigan, it's an MCCA (Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association) fee. In my case, there was a misunderstanding in which this fee was not clearly explained to me and that it was a separate charge (as well as a "Recop" and an additional small "State" fee) from the total amount of the insurance premium that was quoted to me.
The Esurance representative was able to put him/herself in my position and was able to take the appropriate action to provide me with a fair refund. The next time I purchase insurance from any company, I will make sure that I am made aware of any extra fees that may possibly be included. And demand that the quoted total premium with any additional fees shall remain unchanged before I make the final purchase.
I decided to try Esurance Online in March. The six-month premium quote was very competitive, so I signed up and paid the six-month premium in full, in advance, for $348. Two months later, I got a notice from Esurance saying my policy has increased by $833. Explanation: "Your driving record has been updated." They're going to charge my PayPal account.
Well, my driving record had not changed, so I called Esurance. They couldn't give a reason for the premium increase, said they would check my wife's driving record with our state DMV. Next, I got an email notice saying the $833 policy increase has been reduced to a $400 increase - still double my original premium - still with no explanation of what the increase is for. So I called again, and again, Esurance can't explain the increase. My wife's driving record is perfect, too.
So I canceled the policy, because they're now ready to post the $400 charge to my PayPal account, and there's no other way to stop that either. So, policy canceled, more than three months of premium still unused, I asked for a refund. Esurance says there is a 10% cancellation fee. So, OK, they're gonna screw you, I've learned that already. But then they go and calculate the refund based on their increased premium rate - even though I challenged that as baseless, unfair, and unsupported by any DMV records, and even though they couldn't give a reason for that premium increase.
Now they say they're sending me back $49 by check. By my calculations they should be sending back at least $156.50 for the unused prepaid premium ($348 - $35 penalty = $313 / 2 = $156.50). They're a bunch of crooks. I'm sure they do this all the time - quote low, then jack up the rates asap. Don't use Esurance!
Esurance included over $200 worth of hidden fees in my auto insurance policy with them. I was never informed, nor made aware of any additional charges in my quote or my actual policy. It was a complete rip-off! It was when I canceled my policy early due to selling my car that I realized I was being charged additional hidden fees. In consequence, I ended up being overcharged by some amount that I still can't figure out. Esurance needs to repay everyone they are and have been stealing from!
I started a policy and paid for six months. Later that same night, we ended up buying a van and before we signed, we got online to see the difference in the price of coverage. The website told us about $200, so we agreed, signed and took our van home. Well the next morning, I got an email telling us, "Oh no, by the way, you owe $400 more." When I called after being transferred all over, a guy said, "Oh state fees, blah blah blah, but I think I can get a $100 taken off. I will personally get back with you in 24 hours." A week later, I called back but cannot get the guy back on the phone. After being put on hold forever, I was told, "Nope, sorry. That is what you have to pay." As soon as my policy is done, I will never ever be going back through them again. The worst service I have ever had!
It seems to be fine when they collect premiums, but they procrastinate when paying claims, namely PIP portions. They promised to pay, but nothing in months. I will never get Insurance with this company again. Are they really backed up by Allstate?
Esurance is a joke. I was quoted $570 for six months and then after a month and half, they want to add other people on my policy because they want more money. These guys are greedy and make you wait over 2 hours before you could get someone.
I was quoted $68.90/month but actually charged $99.32/month. After several phone calls, Esurance could not tell me why there was an increase. Very sleazy company that does not back up their quotes.
I should have realized what a sleazy outfit Esurance is when they asked for my charge card number to show "good faith", since it cost them money to run my credit and get my driving record info. After running my credit and driving record, and given a "firm" quote, it mysteriously went up over $100 when I gave them the go ahead to get the policy going. After re-negotiating terms (the effective dates were supposedly the problem), the effective start of the insurance was 2 weeks away. I was told I had to provide my current "insurance declaration" and had to approve the agreement I would be sent to by email. The insurance would then be approved. Only then would my charge card would be charged.
(Well, it didn't work that way. Within minutes of the phone call, my card was charged the $910 for a six-month policy and was immediately deducted from my account!) About 1/2 hour after getting off the line Esurance, I received a call from a local Allstate agent, which I also had a quote request with (parent company by the way). They matched the quote from Esurance as well as gave me a great price for house insurance. I called immediately the Esurance hot line and cancelled the policy. This was about an hour the original Esurance call. I was assured that all agreements were cancelled and all was okay.
The next day, while doing my normal online banking, I noticed my available balance was $910 less than the actual balance. I knew immediately what was going on. I called Esurance that second and was told my card was accidentally charged, and my money would be refunded within 24-48 hours. After several other calls to them and also a visit to my bank to try to resolve the problem, I was advised today, over a week later, that my refund has not even been processed! I told the Esurance supervisor I was going to file a request with my bank that this charge was unauthorized. She said by law, they have 30 days to refund my money and if I filed an unauthorized charge complaint, it would totally "freeze" my refund! I'm basically at their mercy. Do not deal with these people; they are unethical and could give a ** less about their customers.
I have been a licensed Insurance Agent for over 13 years - I have seen every trick in the book. So before I started my policy, I called in and made sure the MVR, CLUE and Credit was run to ensure the premium I was quoted was correct. The Esurance rep said he ran all the reports and advised the premium he quoted was firm.
Well, today about 3 weeks after starting my Esurance policy, I got an email and discovered my premium has increased over $300 every 6 months. Of course, I called in and talked to one of their reps. She tried to feed me the BS line that they must pass off on everyone else, that about after the quote they ran some reports hence the increase in premium. When I pressed her on what these mystery reports were, she started with MVR. Nope, I have the quote and policy binding doc showing MVR was run before the policy started. She then said CLUE - nope, that was run as well, as was whatever credit scale they use.
She could not give me anything close to a straight and logical answer on the bait and switch. Apparently, it is my problem to get this corrected? Odd, as I would never bind a policy until I had proof and their word the premium was firm. That's fine, I have dealt with the folks at the Insurance Commissioner's office before, calling them tomorrow.
My experience with Esurance has been nothing but a hassle, and all I've done is purchase a policy from them. I chose Esurance because they had the best rates but their customer service representatives are rude and demanding. What happened to customer service? They act like they are doing you some kind of favor, not like you're the one paying them money when there are many other competitors out there that you could choose to purchase insurance from. They keep hassling me about documents regarding the excluded drivers I live with. They are "excluded", and I shouldn't have to provide Esurance with any of their information.
I have never dealt with a car insurance company that demanded such ridiculous information on others who I live with. They also do not seem concerned with whether or not they lose me as a customer. Oh yeah, and they are there 24/7 so they say, but the department I need to speak with doesn't open till Monday. Not only that, I'm the one calling them after sending the documents. There is no concern for the customer. I'd pay more money to Geico or Progressive just to be treated with some courtesy and respect!
They went up on my insurance - double than what it was before! Will now cancel because it's too high.
Esurance quotes you one price and changes it. The sales guys are not fully aware of the rules and regulations. They make a sale by adding unnecessary discounts. Once they underwrite, the price changes dramatically. On top of it, they hit you with cancellation charges. Be careful what you are stepping into with this company.
I was in an accident on 3/06, which was not my fault, and still have not seen one dime from the other driver's insurance, Esurance. I have bills that are due from the ambulance service and ER visit. My car was totaled and I was not offered any money for a rental car. We have received every stall tactic there is. After a month dealing with the assigned claim adjuster (which lack customer service skills), she advised us if we were so hard up for money to turn it into our insurance. If we take this action, we will have to pay our deductible, which we do not want to do. We also just found out (on our own) our rep is no longer with the company and had been assigned to someone else. It has now been 2 weeks with the new rep and it is hard to get a response from him. We are now at our wits’ end. Even our State Farm agent (which has been helping us and is wonderful) is shocked due to the lack of response and service we are receiving.
When I filed my taxes recently, I listed our family car as having been used for business since I used it twice last year to drive 7 miles to our rental property. I received no tax deduction for this. It's not surprising since the calculation was that the vehicle was used for business 0.1% of the time last year. However, Esurance quickly contacted me about this and said there would be a $53 business surcharge for this 0.1% of business activity. The customer service people were pleasant enough, but were also unwilling to forego this $53 business surcharge. It seems pretty clear that Esurance just have their hands in my pocket on this. I was honest in filing my taxes, got no benefit from the IRS, but still had to pay an extra fee to Esurance. Beware!
I was told I had to pay a cancellation fee of $54 because I canceled before my renewal period. I paid $188 for full coverage for 2 years and now will only be paying $112 with the same coverage. Isn't that something? What a ripoff. Wish I would have known this a lot sooner. I don't remember them saying anything about a cancellation fee!
I was an Esurance customer for nearly six years and became dissatisfied and subsequently angry with the company during my first experience with the company's claims division in 2013. I would not recommend this company to anyone and would, in fact, dissuade anyone thinking about signing on with them if they were considering it. I simply think there are better combinations of speed, quality of service and price out in the market for those willing to put in the research.
First, I praise Esurance for being easy to deal with in the premium and organization process. Their software is easy to work with both in the getting a quote, signing on and even the claims process. If you want the quickest path to being insured and to fixing any car issues as a consequence of accidents, this is your company. However, my experiences with the quality of the service are what ultimately told me to go the other way. Claims adjusters and agents are impossible to get on the phone and their investigation of accidents is sloppy and slow. In addition, claims has a short list of shops approved to repair your vehicle, most of which are cheap and do low quality repairs. The repair itself was adequate, but my experience with shop doing the repairs was poor and claims handling of the issue was haphazard at best.
While I received my deductible back in three months, I have yet to be reimbursed for the rental costs I accrued which I was assured I would be paid back for. The claims office is out of reach and refuses to return phone calls or answer messages. People seem not to be in the office at all for long stretches of business hours. Esurance premiums are also 50% to 100% more than those of larger companies. State Farm currently charges me half of what Esurance did for a better quality of service and I get the sense that it is fairly easy to use the online functions of most companies. In sum, I would avoid Esurance at all costs.
My son has had Esurance for 3 years, and now that he needs assistance, he can't get it. He can't speak to anyone that actually works for Esurance, only call centers who tell him he's not insured, doesn't have full coverage, not eligible for assistance. He has paid $178 a month for full coverage for nothing. He will be contacting an attorney to pursue this matter.
My son was rear ended by a driver insured by Esurance. All I've accomplished in three weeks since the incident is experience every trick known to delay processing the claim (as in lost/mislaid paperwork), no calls back, having to deal with a new agent (phone answerer since they always have to verify with someone else to do anything), no notes whatsoever kept on the claim and just a general runaround to delay having to pay on the claim. They have been very discourteous on the phone and just basically disinterested in having to do their job. I guess you get what you pay for. Good luck if you're ever unlucky enough to be hit by one of their insured drivers.
Customer service reps need to polish up on their customer service skills. They were kissing my ** trying to get my business but when I found a much better rate with 21st Century and called to cancel my insurance, the guy Rob was actually really rude and tried talking over me. Rob doesn't know that I'm a 6'2", 240 lb bodybuilder/ex-marine that will teach him about customer service in person. ** is this company teaching their people? I'm glad I canceled! Go with 21st Century Insurance. You will save a butt load!
Esurance was nothing but trouble from the moment I got into an accident where the other driver was at fault. Not only was I responsible for the deductible, they got me into a rental, and when I was unable to pick my car up due to some personal reasons, they informed me a week later that they stopped covering my car the previous week. They wrote, “FYI we stopped covering your rental the day your vehicle was completed.” When I locked my keys to the rental in the vehicle that was provided due to my vehicle being repaired, I was informed that an unlock was not covered in my policy, but I could pay an extra fee for them to come out. I already paid for that service in my policy.
When I contacted Esurance regarding my complaints, I was informed they would unlock it and I would have to submit a claim and hope they paid for it basically. Two weeks later I received notice that they were canceling my account for failure to prove where my vehicle was being garaged and for unlisted other drivers. I have never heard of having to submit proof that my vehicle is at my residence, and there are no other drivers of my vehicle. I will not be trying to fight their termination and will be going to another company. I have never had so many problems with the 3 other insurance companies I have dealt with in the past 7 years.
I had my Esurance linked to my checking account, and needed a check to clear (there were legal implications if the check did not clear). The agent told me that I had built up equity in my account and could give me several extra days before the payment was taken. They took the payment on the normal day causing issues. When I called, they told me that they had it documented that the payment date was to be modified but since the payment was already processed, there was nothing they could do. The next month they increased my rate.
After being a good customer for 5 years paying on time, no accidents, no tickets and owning two cars, Esurance started to increase my rate from $450 to $650. I had faxed all the verifying and corroborating paperwork about my mileage to them months ago. Now, they say that they never received the paperwork from the 10 pages of faxed oil changes and car repair information. What happened? Do they wait until the last minute and then lay in wait to increase your auto insurance $200 and claim they never received my faxes, with my PACA number written all over each page? Geez, I'm feeling harassed and agitated by Esurance. They're not the company it once was. A big disappointment to have to continue to fax and re-prove my low mileage.
What kind of a company is this? Calling on the phone and emailing to beseech a customer that they will be raising my rates without due cause. I have tried to comply but I do not need their hassle. I have been insured since I was 15 1/2 years old and I am 65 years old. I have never had this kind of harassment. Customer service is king. Take a lesson in how to treat your clients. Do better and go back to appreciating your customers. Greedy corporate company now. Try for another company than this one. Pay more for better service. It's worth it.
I was a passenger in a vehicle insured with Esurance in 2010. At the time, there were 2 bills: ambulance and hospital. I was asked to send in all bills from the accident. I did so, kept trying to call Kim, the rep, but she was always on vacation. After sending in the bills, we were not asked about any more documentation. Fast forward to 2013 and wanting to buy a house, I pulled my credit report and find that I was sent to collections for the 2 medical bills Esurance did not pay. I called Kim and she remembered me, gave me the runaround, and acted like this was no big deal. I am convinced she did this on purpose. Maybe for her, credit is no big deal, but when you are trying to buy a house, and you pay your bills, a credit report should reflect that you do.
I got an online quote that was great, but then because I was changing my coverage amounts, the price ended up being $200 more. They would have given me the same coverage at the original price just to undercut a price. That felt shady so I went and quoted coverage elsewhere, then called to cancel. I had agreed online to a $50 cancellation fee. When I explained my reasons for canceling and asked it to be waived, I was told that could not happen. They have ensured that I will never use them and I will tell others not to use them either. Price undercutting does not buy customer loyalty. It means people will just shop for the cheapest price each renewal period.
I logged in to check my renewal and it was $180 more. I have had no claims at all in the past 20 years. I was told that part of it was a new customer discount expired and that it was a cost of living increase. I refuse to pay that much extra just because where I live! This will be my last experience with Esurance.
I signed on with Esurance because I didn't want to call a bunch of places; it was at an okay price. Several months later, I added a different car and it went way up. For only 1 car, they were charging $130 a month. I've got a perfect driving record but my husband had one ticket on his. I called a different company & got my insurance almost $100 cheaper for the same thing. So when I called to cancel, the girl was so rude and mean, even telling me my husband had 10 things on his driving record, that he lied to me since I didn't know. When I asked for dates & offenses, she told me she was off that screen already. This was on 2-6-13. Yesterday, I got an email telling me Esurance was taking their monthly payment out. I checked my bank & on 2-11-13, Esurance billed my acct. I called & there was no record of me even calling last month. So the woman yesterday was super friendly and got it fixed, put my money back and waived the early cancellation fee. Based on this, I won't recommend Esurance or ever get coverage through them. I wish I would've read these reviews.
This is a real and current problem I am encountering with Esurance. Since when does repairing damages from an accident require you to sign a waiver? I was not at fault but unfortunately, the person who hit me was insured by Esurance. In order for my car to be repaired by Esurance, the adjuster out of Phoenix, Dan **, is mandating I sign a waiver that no other problems as a result of me being in a rear-end collision by their Esurance client can ever be filed. My vehicle has been sitting for two weeks at Toyota body shop waiting to be repaired from problems created by the accident. I would never insure any of my vehicle from this fly-by-night company with no customer service and bold unethical practices.

1 comment:

  1. 1xbet korean bet with 100% free spins no deposit
    1xbet korean bet with 1xbet korean 100% free 바카라 spins no deposit. For deccasino more information about 1xbet korean bet in the mobile betting industry, check out our

    ReplyDelete