Saturday, December 14, 2013

On July 17, 2013 I was hit head on by a drunk driver. My 2008 Chevy Silverado was totaled. I was injured and taken via ambulance to the nearest trauma center. I contacted Esurance and filed a claim. First problem, I was bounced around to 3 different claims adjusters. The first adjuster, Sean **, informed me after 4 days, that he doesn't handle total losses. The second adjuster, Mahesh **, never did contact me. It turns out this person wasn't even in the office. I was told she was on vacation. Finally I was assigned to Cindy **, and that brings me to the biggest issue. Once Cindy ** began working on my claim, I was asked for the pay off amount from my credit union.
Shortly after, less than 2 hours, I was given a quote for the value of my truck.... Just a few dollars more than I owed. That seemed really fishy. Nationally recognized vehicle value estimation resources such as Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds .com value my vehicle at considerably more than I was offered. I tried numerous times to contact Cindy ** and ensure my vehicle was valued correctly. My truck was a 4x4 and the value I was quoted is on par for a 2x4. It has been 2 weeks since I tried bringing this to her attention, I have heard NOTHING! Lastly, since none of these claims adjusters handle personal injury and lost wages, I have yet to be able to file claims for those issues. Stay away from Esurance at all costs. Or it will cost you.

No comments:

Post a Comment